The European Media Art Platform (EMAP) is promoting an open call for an artist residency program in the areas of digital art, media art, and bio-art. The open call, aimed at European artists, offers a production grant and a two-month residency at a cultural institution in Europe.
With the objective of financially supporting new artists and boosting networking at a European level, this year EMAP has expanded the artist residency program to 15 countries. European artists or collectives can apply with a project proposal to perform a two-month residency between June 2022 and January 2023, which will take place in different European cultural institutions. The spaces and institutions that are part of this program are:
– Antre Peaux, Bourges, France
– Ars Electronica, Linz, Austria
– FACT Liverpool, United Kingdom
– gnration, Braga, Portugal
– iMAL Brussels, Belgium
– IMPAKT [Centre for Media Culture], Utrecht, the Netherlands
– Kersnikova Institute (Kapelica Gallery), Ljubljana, Slovenia
– KONTEJNER | bureau of contemporary art praxis, Zagreb, Croatia
– LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Gijón, Spain
– m-cult, Helsinki, Finland
– NeMe Arts Centre, Limassol, Cyprus
– Onassis Stegi, Athens, Greece
– RIXC Centre for New Media Culture, Riga, Latvia
– Werkleitz-Centre for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany
– WRO Art Center, Wroclaw, Poland
The European Media Art Platform (EMAP), a European platform dedicated to the Media Arts and funded by the Creative Europe program of the European Union, is a network of renowned European institutions that focus their work on promoting the Medias Arts.
Applications are open until April 27. More information at https://call.emare.eu/.
© Blooming Love (2020) by Daniel Hengst