This year, 13 cities of the UNESCO Creative Cities of Media Arts, has put together the second round of the City to City project with the topic of PLAY! From more than 70 applicants from different parts of the world, we have selected 13 professional artists who will work in teams on digital art projects over the course of three months this autumn.
- ARCOS – Erica Gionfriddo a Eliot Gray Fisher (Austin, USA)
- Jorge Ramos (Braga, Portugal)
- Mauricio Diaz (Calí, Columbia)
- Yilin Wang (Changsha, China)
- Julien Gaillac (Enghien-les-Bains, France)
- Luciano Rodriquez Arredondo (Guadalajara, Mexico)
- Anna Kim (Gwangju, South Korea)
- Meiyan Chen (Karlsruhe, Germany)
- Ivana Durkáčová (Košice, Slovakia)
- Miyuki Oka (Sapporo, Japan)
- Manuel Alejandro Jimenez Reyes (Toronto, Canada)
- Inez Kristina Baldacchino (Viborg, Denmark)
- Taeheon Lee (York, UK)
Four experienced experts and curators will guide them and overlook their cooperation. During a series of three meetings, the artists will split into teams and develop a concept for their future work. Their efforts will be presented at festivals including Art & Tech Days in Košice, Mediale in York, Seasons of Media Arts 2020 in Karlsruhe, Gwangju Media Arts Festival in South Korea, and online.
The project is supported using public funding by Slovak Arts Council.